Map of the Kingdom of Israel

Map of the Kingdom of Israel
This is what Israel covered during my father's, my children's, and my dynasty!

A Treaty With Aram

Before my defend of Samaria, I was confronted by a prophet. Boy did I think I was gonna get the boot! But instead, he brought me joyous news! My army would dominate Ben-Hadad and the army of Aram. Yes! The battle began and we defended Samaria. The main army struck down many Arameans and then the Arameans retreated. We advanced and then overpowered the Arameans' chariots and horses. Victory was just around the corner! The Arameans finally ran back to their plains and the battle was over.

All was pretty quiet until next Spring. Ben-Hadad gathered his forces and attacked Israel once again. This time, he hit the city of Aphek and we responded with our best troops. Once again, another prophet came to me and declared that Yahweh would deliver the Arameans into Israel's hands. Yahweh was right again! Weird... Ben-Hadad thought he had the upper hand until we had killed over 1000 of their men.

I was sitting in my commander's tent, when one of my messengers came in and exclaimed that Ben-Hadad wished to make peace with the Israelites. I came out and there was Ben-Hadad and his officials. We sat and got right to it. Ben-Hadad offered the services of the Armean army and they would not attack us if we did the same. I agreed and that ended our battles with Aram.

No comments:

Ha ha there's me on the left and Naboth on the right!!

Ha ha there's  me on the left and Naboth on the right!!
Jezebel killed him later, but we had a not so fun chat/